Check out BorgWarner's amazing new web-based turbo selection program. Here are some of the key features:
- The MatchBot program helps anyone to choose the right turbocharger(s) for their application.
- There are help icons next to each input to give users some guidelines if they don’t know the exact information.
- The input fields are pre-populated with common data points.
- The MatchBot gives horsepower and torque estimations for each rpm selected as well as fuel requirements, air temps and a lot of key information for building a complete system.
- Pre-populated compressor maps: once the data is inputted into the program, by selecting different compressor sizes from the drop down menu, the MatchBot displays the compressor map and plots the data points on that map. It is very easy to see how compressor choice affects the overall match suitability.
- Turbine mapping. This is part of the “black magic” in selecting turbochargers. Most manufactures won’t release turbine stage flow sizing and none of them will help an average enthusiast plot and use those maps to choose the right combination. MatchBot has the maps up and automatically plots the data points.
- Finally, tutorials and FAQ’s: To further explain the interface and how everything works (because it is a little complicated), BorgWarner has made 4 tutorials to go over each aspect individually.
Try it yourself at: http://www.turbodriven.com/performanceturbos/matchbot/index.html .
Turbosmart Gen-V IWG BorgWarner EFR Twin Port Sensor Cap
Turbosmart Gen-V tech meets the Internal Wastegate Actuator range for all BorgWarner EFR turbochargers. Twin port control for maximum boost...
Papadakis Racing Reveals Dyno Results for 2020 Toyota GR Supra Engine Project
New engine build is put to the test for popular YouTube series finale Engine builder Stephan Papadakis today reveals the engine dyno results for...
Maximum Potential: Michael Isperov's 1993 Mazda RX-7
Photography by Ray Flores With 79% of the Popular Vote, Michael Isperov is the winner of the PASMAG Tuner Battlegrounds award category at Parking...
Refreshed and Revived: Jake Harn - 2003 Nissan 350Z
Photography by Nick Stanley Back when Jake Harn was a junior in high school, his buddy let him know that his neighbor had a 2003 Nissan 350Z...
Auto Dream: Kevin Nguyen's 1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R
Photography by Alicia Blakley When Kevin Nguyen started working at Nissan as a first year apprentice, his friend and work colleague had an RB25-...
Heavy Mental Machine: A WRX With A Monster Heart, Built By Great Minds
Photography by Ranger Ramirez Tucked away in a garage in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, the shrieking laugh of Austin Barnett can be heard echoing from...