Photography by Adam Delgadillo (@oadam7).
Like many car enthusiasts, Erick Marin’s infatuation with these machines started when he was just a young boy who loved playing with toy cars. In 2001, he was introduced to the Fast & Furious series, which is where he learned just how far cars could be modified - something he had barely considered before then. Two years later in 2003, Marin got his hands on his first ride - a 1995 Plymouth Neon, which he still has to this day!
Of course, it was only a matter of time before he found something he really wanted to modify. In 2008 he was on his way to the beach when he saw a 2005 Lotus Elise for sale. He immediately turned around, and found that the car was right around his price range, and pulled the trigger on a purchase that would change his life, introducing him to the Lotus community. However, just two years after taking ownership of the car, tragedy struck. A drunk driver was dragging a stop sign through oncoming traffic, and it his Marin’s car, completely totalling his first Lotus.
Almost immediately after the accident, he began looking for a replacement Lotus. After a couple of attempts and purchases that fell through, he managed to track down a 2008 Lotus Exile S240 in Fort Lauderdale, and purchased the car sight unseen. The time he has spent modifying this new Lotus to the pinnacle of performance and drivability has made him countless friends who keep pushing him to continue the modification process.
Owner: Erick Marin
Vehicle: 2008 Lotus Exige S240
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Engine: Toyota 2ZZ-GE Supercharged I4
Horsepower: 289 whp
- Genesis high impedance 550cc injectors + Walbro fuel pump + Sector 111 engine mounts + Moroso 6-quart oil pan + ReVerie carbon fiber Daytona intake + 2.9-inch supercharger pulley + GRP (carbon fiber intercooler pipes, carbon fiber spark plug cover, chrome oil cap) + Radium Engineering (dual oil catch can, coolant expansion tank)
- Larini (sports header, de-cat, GT2 muffler)
- LETSLA short throw shifter + Fidanza flywheel + Sector 111 (shifter reinforcement kit, clutch pipe) + ACT HDSS clutch
WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
- Forgeline GW3 wheels + Toyo R888 tires + Giro Disc front and rear cup discs + Pagid Sport Cup brake pads + Motorsport Hardware neochrome lug nuts
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Front camber arms + BOE Fabrication toe links + Sector 111 RTD brace + Nitron Race 3-way coilovers
- Industry Garage widebody + ReVerie carbon fiber (hatch, inner trunk cover, fender louvers, quarter panel louvers, side sills, front access panels, side scoops) + Difflow diffuser + APR carbon fiber (front splitter, front lip, mirrors) + GB Composites (carbon fiber gas lid, carbon fiber rear windshield, easy-access under tray) + Voltex carbon fiber GT Type 2 spoiler + BOE Fabrication clam hinge + Sector 111 tow hooks + GRP (carbon fiber headlight housing, red headlight halos, GT tail lights) + Blue Streak Fab spoiler reinforcement mounts + 8K HID conversion + Elise-Parts LED license plate lights
- GRP carbon fiber (instrument cluster, passenger airbag cover, steering wheel) + ReVerie carbon fiber inner door sills + Schroth Racing 6-point harnesses + Sector 111 alloy pedals
AUDIO / MOBILE ELECTRONICS
- Pioneer AVH-X7700BT head unit + Rear-view camera